Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mahna Mahna...

So I remember watching the Muppets as a kid.  Great stuff, right?  As I got older I picked my favorite.  The Swedish Chef, although unintelligible at times, extremely funny. He was not the handiest in the kitchen, but creative.   I remember seeing one where he was making flap jacks and when flipping them he got them stuck on the ceiling.  His solution...a Blunderbuss.  Comedy.  If you don't know what that is...think of a Pilgrim's musket. 

It is a shame that The Muppet Show isn't on the air anymore, having been replaced by shows that are marketed for children...but clearly are not for them.

Then, there are Muppet videos on You Tube.  Seeing some of the videos brought me back to childhood.  Holy smokes.  Then, ohhh, the Muppet Studios channel.  Greatness...

So, I was watching the "Mahna Mahna" video one day on the computer while lying on the floor.  Riley was playing nearby and heard the video playing.  She is a fan.  Arms go up in the air, bouncing up and down, and some singing ensued.  No, not me...Riley.  Well, I sang as she laughed.

I remember when children's television was simple, funny, and not questionable.  No garbage, no Hannah Montana.  Yes, I do not like that whole Hannah Montana thing.  What sort of role model is that?  True, television starts should not be our children's role models, but it happens, right?

Wanna know who my role model is...Animal.  Think about it, he's a rock star drummer who is girl crazy.  I wouldn't mind having his hair.  Gotta love the Muppets...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA90IlymdZ4

1 comment: