Monday, November 14, 2011

A "planking" funny...

A quick one before I hit the sack.

I remember seeing the whole "planking" thing on the internet.  I saw pictures of grown people laying on their faces in the weirdest places for no apparent reason at all except for a photo op.  I thought to myself how odd, yet funny it all was.  However, I did not ever expect to see any of my children do it.  An example with photograph follows.

I was at work last night and received a text message from my loving bride.  I was typing away on a report and heard the message tone on my phone.  I stopped to check it, opened the message, and saw this:


Yes friends, Riley Grace learned how to go planking yesterday.  And of course she picked out the best attire for the rare photographic opportunity.  I love the green shirt, the spotted shorts, and especially the sparkling purple shoes.  No, I did not dress my child, although if you ask my wife it is something I would likely dress her in because I have a limited fashion sense.  In my defense I was not even in the same city when this photo was taken.  Riley picked her own socks and shoes for the event.  The rest is mommy's fault.

Anyway, after picking myself up off of the floor and getting back the chair I WAS sitting in before I fell out from laughing so hard when I saw the picture, I had to ask myself how she knew what planking was.  I mean, will I see her "Tebowing" tomorrow?  When I walk into her classroom to pick her up will she be down on one knee with a balled up fist on her forehead as she stares at the ground in front of her while trying to emulate the Broncos quarterback?  Let us hope not.  If she does, I will take photos.   

No comments:

Post a Comment