Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A book?

I am sitting here at 3:41 am, on the couch, in a quiet house.  Well, almost quiet because the dryer is tumbling around some clothes.  Anyway, I am tired and have no idea what to write about this morning.  Maybe I should write about wanting to write a book.

I have been telling myself for years that I wanted to write a book.  I know, it will most decidedly not ever be published.  My writing is not as polished as those professional bloggers and authors.  But, I write what I want and hope it is as funny to everyone else as it is to me.  I have been tossing around ideas for what to do.  I figured I could put together my stories in a compilation and try to come up with a clever name.  I would attempt to come up with one know but I have been up for 22 hours and I can't think that quickly.  So if you have any let me know. 

My wife tells me I don't have time to take on such a project.  I know she is right.  However, I don't intend to get it all done by Friday or anything.  I only have about 60 stories so far.  Most of them cold fit into a book, but I still need more.  Then there is one big point:  who says someone wants to read all my ramblings anyway?  I mean, I'm not a pro at this writing thing.  I'm just a daddy. 

Well, the main goals for me are to document the lighter side of fatherhood, show that surviving girls can be done, document these memories before I am too old to remember them, and create something to remind them of their childhoods and embarrass them as they get older.  If I happen to get them into a book form, even if it is just for the family, that would be okay.

So I sit here thinking about this and in my sleep-deprived brain it sounds like a great idea.  After I get some sleep I may reconsider.  But then again I may come up with the next great Oprah Book Club title, right?   

No comments:

Post a Comment