Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Let me see your war face...

Tonight we were sitting at dinner around our freshly cooked meal.  Actually, it was from Rosa's in Lubbock so it was not that fresh.  Anyway, Riley was in her highchair enjoying her Hawaiian inspired jar of organic baby food.  It was some pineapple, ham, and rice concoction that actually did not appeal to me, but Riley seemed to enjoy it. 

So there we sat when Riley decided I was not feeding her fast enough.  She let out a screech and made the funniest face.  Riley balled up her fists, pulled her hands up, and made the face.  She actually seemed angry for a second.  If she could speak, she would have likely started yelling at me that I was starving her and it wasn't fair.  Note:  She is in the 85th percentile in weight, she is not missing any meals.  Actually, that is what my other children act like.  So, we started laughing at her and Riley started laughing, too.

I immediately thought of the scene from "Full Metal Jacket" when Hartman was talking to Joker.  The scene was when Hartman wanted to see Joker's "war face."  I asked Riley to see her new war face.  She squealed and screeched and made her face.  Then, I fed her again.  The war face is frightening, especially when she is hungry. 

Riley has now perfected yet another expression.  Now we have a war face, as shown here:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment