Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A hit and run, and some anarchy

It is hard to think of something funny to write about when a doo doo day was had by your wife and kids yesterday, and you are tired after working all night.  But here we go. 

Yesterday some coward hit my wife's car in Lubbock then left the area without telling anyone.  To that cracker-nut...thank you. 

Really, I mean it.  Thank you for bringing chaos and stress to my wife.  Thank you for delivering to us a bill for our insurance deductable that we have to pay because of your stupidity and cowardice.

Ashley was parked in Lubbock on her lunch break and came back to the car to discover someone had hit the car, and fled.  Great.  Of course that is just what we needed.  She was able to get the car back to the hospital, but could not make it home.  So our car is now at the shop to be repaired.  Outstanding.

Then, there is Cooper.  Yesterday she apparently decided she was done taking instructions from her teacher.  Yes friends, she staged a one-student revolt in her kindergarten class.  Anarchy reigned for several minutes.  She decided that instead of sitting down as instructed, it would be a great idea to run around the room like a heathen child to draw attention to her anti-establishment protest.  Then she slammed some poor child's finger in a door (truly an accident).

But we are not done.  Displeased with the restraint showed by her teacher towards the rampage, she decided to attempt to recruit a fellow student to take part in the social disorder and an argument ensued.  I think the other child was not hip to the revolt and stated the disagreement, which displeased Cooper.  Her reaction?  Run around the halls and library.

Well, ultimately she got some attention, although not the attention she desired.  Ashley and I received phone calls from the PRINCIPAL.  Cooper was crying, maybe because she knew she was in trouble, or maybe because her attempted uprising against the man failed.  Either way, she bawled on the phone while recounting the events of the day to Ashley.  Welcome to our world.

I love Cooper, as I do my other children, but I don't always love her behavior.  I make light of it to retain some sort of sanity.  She misbehaved and we will deal with it accordingly.  At least Cooper accepted her punishment and owned up to her behavior. 

Oh, and to the hit-and-run coward...no, I don't like you or your behavior.  When you decide to act more grown up than my 5 year old, call me.     

No comments:

Post a Comment