Friday, December 31, 2010

Dates with daddy

Yesterday I went on a date.  I do that on occasion.  Yes I am married, but that doesn't stop me.  If I want to take out a girl, I do it, and Ashley knows all about it.  Of course, the girls I take out are my kids.  Yesterday, Cooper and I went high class baby.  That's how we roll. 

Yesterday Cooper was home all day with me.  She had a few chores to take care of during the morning which she did with little or no complaints.  That sounds like a shock, I know.  A five year old that actually listens!  Wow.  Cooper did her chores while I took care of some of my own.  Anyway, after it was all done we went to lunch.  I didn't expect to eat where we went, but I should have known.

I told Cooper to change clothes so we could go eat lunch.  Her first words were, "at Micky Dees?"  For those of you non-parentals, that is McDonalds.  I said maybe, then after seeing her big eyes and wild hair, off we went.  I must have blacked out because the next thing I know I was standing in line at McDonalds.  I don't remember agreeing to it, and I don't remember driving there.  But, there we were standing in line with Cooper smiling.

So we order our fast-food, unhealthy lunch.  We sit and eat, enjoying our grease burger and chicken breast nuggets (or so they say).  More than that, we enjoy a lunch without argument, without tattling, without stress.  We laugh a bit, eat some, and enjoy a daddy/daughter date. 

Cooper was very happy, as evidenced here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment