Saturday, December 4, 2010

Boys and Girls...not so different

Sometimes I think my daughters are more like...well, boys.  No I don't wish I had boys, and I don't dress them as boys.  Well, except for the one time Riley wore boys clothes.  But that was only because it was cold and I put sweat pants on her.  Yes, I was resourceful.  Ashley thought I was just lazy.

Anyway, as I said, sometimes they act more like boys.  Cooper belched the other day at the table.  She brought the thunder and shook the picture hanging on the wall.  Yes, I am so proud.  And Cooper isn't the only one.  Hannah burped so loud, and unexpectedly, I shuttered.  Wow.

And what is it about them not wanting to blow their nose.  I remember seeing little boys with their mothers running away to keep from getting a Kleenex wiped under their noses.  It is like a badge of honor or something to have snot running from their noses.  My daughters...yes, the same.

Here is a recent conversation.  "Cooper, go blow your nose."  Reply:  "No."  You have "boogers."  Reply:  "So."  "That's gross."  Reply:  "No it's not."

Huh?  The child is grossed out by a spider running up the wall but not by snot and boogers streaming from her face.  I don't get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment