Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

I remember 9/11 like everyone else that was watching it unfold on television.  I remember the images of people jumping to their deaths, those of the towers falling, and of people running for safety.  I also remember watching police, fire, and emergency medical personnel doing everything they could do to help.

Professional writers and bloggers alike will be typing feverishly about memories and such.  All I have to say is this:  To the firefighters, EMS personnel, as well as my fellow LEO's...thank you.  Sure we call each other names like pig, blue canary, bucket boy, and hose head.  But I know that we have respect for each other for the roles we play in keeping our communities safe.  We may never have to respond to an incident like 9/11, but we have our own tragedies to deal with daily.

Thank you, be vigilant, and go home safe tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment