Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The impatient backseat driver

I think Ashley and I are beginning to rub off on our children.  They are turning into backseat drivers, and angry ones at that.  A quick funny today.

Daddy day care begins again today because school is back in session after the holiday weekend.  Part of my duties is to retrieve children from their educational institutions and deliver them home safely and start homework and the like.  Cooper asked today if we could go to Sonic to get something to drink.  I normally say no because I pick her up in the middle of their "Happy Hour" and every Frenship ISD soccer mom is there jockeying for a parking spot.

Today I relented and off we went to brave the madness.  On arrival I saw it wasn't too bad and as I was driving into the parking lot I saw a vacant bay.  Just as I approached one of the aforementioned soccer moms, without paying attention, backs out of the bay.  Okay, normally not a big deal except she backed out and just stopped.  Here is where my backseat driver speaks up.

Apparently she was crazy thirsty and was extremely parched.  That, or she was just being the typical impatient 6 year old.  Either way, Cooper notices the large mommy mobile stopped in the traffic lane and yells, Hellooooooo, move it!"  She was almost hostile.  Our influence is apparently starting to show up.

It took me several seconds to put it all together because I was still a little groggy from having recently woke up.  I saw the gas guzzler stopped in front of me and I heard Cooper talking.  Then it hit me and I busted out laughing.  Then the humor passed when I realized she had beat me to what I normally say under the same circumstances.  Oh boy.

Yes, I am an impatient driver.  I see someone driving stupidly and I comment.  I see someone stopped at a green light I respond with "Hellooooooo, it's green!"  I guess she comes by it honestly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment