Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where did the summer go?

Today my first born leaves again.  It seems as though Hannah just got here and today flies back to California.  Her summer with us seemed to go so fast.  We didn't get to do some of the things the girls wanted to do, but it's okay.  There will be other times.  I sat here, having woke up at 0430 hours, trying to think of something humorous to write about and I've got nothing.  Surely there is a funny story to recount, but I can't think of one right now.

I love my girls and know they will all eventually be growing up and moving on eventually.  I just hope we can make the most of all of our time together.  It's easy to get frustrated with the day to day stuff.  The arguing, the whining, and the messes.  But there is so much more to enjoy that far outweighs those things.  I just hope my girls know how much I love them all.

Well, I know Hannah will be back in a few months for the Christmas break.  Time will continue to march on and I will only get older (insert old man jokes here).  I will be back to write about my funny adventures in fatherhood another day.  And, the Chargers will win the Super Bowl this season.  Well, that one is not a certainty but we are optimistic.   

No comments:

Post a Comment