Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Daddy Song

Apparently Riley is learning to sing.  I believe her sister's musical talents are beginning to rub off on her.  Ashley even called Riley "Our little 401k," after watching her perform her rendition of the "Daddy Song" for me using the flashlight from my duty belt.

On Tuesday evening we were busy.  I hadn't eaten yet, even though I made a sad attempt before being called away from my sustenance to assist with a large scale fight.  A lot of people went to jail, it was hot, and I was starving.  The night was not starting off as planned.

Then I got a text message with a video attached.  Watch for yourself the grace with which Riley strums her guitar and note her perfect pitch while singing her song about her daddy.

Okay, so not so perfect pitch, but not bad though.  I saw that and had to laugh.  I forgot for a few moments that I was hot, sweaty, and starving.  I forgot about the fights, the yelling, and cursing.  I smiled as my baby girl belted out a song for me.

Then on Wednesday while I was getting ready for work Riley was sitting on the bed with Ashley, and my duty belt.  Riley enjoys all of the stuff on it and crawled over there and immediately went for my flashlight.  The thing is metal and about 8 inches long.  If she dropped it on her head it would likely knock her out cold.  But, she grabs the light and begins to perform an a cappella version of the "Daddy Song."  No guitar, just Riley and her...flashlight.  Funny stuff folks.  Then, Ashley called her our little 401k.  My reply..."No, she is our retirement in Hawaii."

Hey, like I said, by the time she moves out and gets married she will owe me nearly half a million for raising her.  I could settle for a little place near the beach where we got married instead of cash.  Kapalua Bay is nice, well, year round.  See you on Maui folks.

So if the video won't play, here is the link.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=540167599243&comments

No comments:

Post a Comment