Monday, November 12, 2012

More of those blah blah blah lesson things for my girls...

This whole blog thing has sort of fallen off for me this year.  I feel bad because I sort of hijacked it from my wife with the intent of maintaining it and writing on a regular basis.  She does the decor, and I write.  Well, except this year.  I only have eight posts I think.  Unacceptable friends.

So, I really need to get back on the horse so to speak and get to writing.  I was looking back and realized that it has been a while since I posted any lessons for my girls.  Here are five more:

36.  Coffee does not slow down your growth.  Girls, you know what I do for a living.  Daddy is an investigator, which means I do two things well (according to the general public).  First, I eat doughnuts and second, I drink coffee.  The doughnut thing is only partially true and the coffee thing is true, as even Riley Grace knows.  Look at me.  I am 6'4" and I weigh 240 pounds.  I started drinking coffee at 16 years old.  Coffee didn't slow down my growth.  Of course it is possible that the rumor is true and had I not been drinking coffee all of these years, I would be about 6'10" wearing a size 18 shoe. 

37.  The holidays go in this order:  Halloween, Thanksgiving, and THEN Christmas.  Generally, most of the country and a majority of retailers start decorating for Christmas before Halloween.  Generally, I don't enjoy hearing "Jingle Bells" the same night I see children scouring the neighborhood dressed like their favorite character begging for candy.  Don't decorate too early.
    
38.  Birthdays come every year and we continue to get older whether we like it or not.  In a few hours I turn 38 years old, again, whether I want to or not.  I have new gray hairs and wrinkles I didn't have last year which you all seem to enjoy pointing out.  I could blame you, my loving children, for the rapid aging process.  Your mother says I am old.  Tomorrow I will not only be old, but also older.  Oh, and enjoy the birthday parties now because when you get to be my age you won't want them.  Due to your old age the sound of people yelling "Happy Birthday" will be too loud and you will be in bed at about 7pm anyway. 

39.  I want you all to succeed at something, but it does not have to be cheerleading.  Yes, it is occasionally cute when Riley cheers for the "Ne-necks."  For those who don't understand, that is Riley-speak for Roughnecks.  And yes Cooper, you are good at those cheer jump things you do.  Yes, practicing is a good thing.  However, every minute of every hour of every afternoon hearing "Go...go Roughnecks, let's go Roughnecks," is quite over the top.  Jumping around screaming about the Roughnecks is not the only thing you are good at.  Succeed at math or science.  Succeed at volleyball or swimming.  Or, at least succeed at something that I could help you do.  I cannot dance, sing, or cheer.  Sorry.
  
40.  As you get older get along with your sisters.  I don't just mean get along, I mean you all need to at least act like you like each other.  Getting along will do several things.  First, getting along with each other will make life easier on all of you since you won't be fighting, arguing, and yelling.  Second, it will make life easier on your old man and mother since you won't be fighting, arguing, or yelling.  If you love us, you will all get along.

I love each of you.  Hannah, Cooper, and Riley Grace...please pay attention and help me age well.  Besides, if you help me age well it will be less likely that I will have move in with you all when I am in my eighties and crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment