Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cooper says the darndest things...

Riley Grace is not the only person in this house that has a knack for saying funny things.  Cooper is actually leading all vote getters with 1,827 funny one-liners.  Well, it is something like that anyway. 

Cooper's witty one-liner was so good it was necessary for me to stop what I was doing and immediately write it down for posterity.  It was so good I needed to mark the date.  So here is a quick Cooper funny.

On June 14,2012, we were in the living room.  Cooper and Ashley were on the couch, and Riley was there, too.  I sat on the floor near the couch.  All was well.  Then it was like Cooper smacked me in face with her bold and completely serious statement that she pulled from left field.  Cooper looked at me and said, and I quote, "I want a baby brother even though my mom's factory is closed."

There was such shock that it took me several minutes to pick my jaw up from the floor.  All I could do was sit there and blink.  It got so quiet inside that I am sure I heard only crickets in the background.  All I could do was mutter something like "You already have a baby sister."  Of course, several questions came to mind once I was able to process a thought.

First, where on earth did Cooper come up with that?  Second, who said anything about another child in this house?  I was simply left confused, yet amused at the situation.  Is the thought of a son appealing?  Sure.  Is it likely that I, having three daughters, would actually have a son?  No.  The odds are against it friends.  And as it turned out, Ashley and Cooper talked about a baby brother earlier.

"My mom's factory is closed."  That is definitely one of the darndest things I have heard in a while.  One more for Cooper.  Well played.  

No comments:

Post a Comment