Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Your purse has what?

Ask a man what he is afraid of and, if he is like me, he will reply that what is most fearsome, intimidating, and outright terrorizing is the contents of a woman's purse.  I don't dare go into my wife's purse...for any reason.  Then there is the contents of Cooper's purse.  Let me explain.

Cooper is very proud of her brown leather purse.  An example?  Every time Cooper takes a sack of garbage to the dumpster she slings her fashion accessory over her shoulder and struts out the door.  If you ask her she is dressed and accessorized, and ready to go on a date as opposed to taking the stinky trash to the can.

Last night I got a look at what was so important to take outside with her every time she walks out of the house.  The contents were less intimidating, and more hilarious.  To Cooper, I love you.  But I must share.

Inside the purse were the apparent necessities.  First, there was a "Jumbo Word Search" book.  Cooper is my step-daughter but she is as much like me as all of my girls.  This book is proof.  She must keep the book just in case she gets bored while standing next to the dumpster after throwing away the garbage.

Also in the purse is a pen that she stole from Ashley.  Cooper sees herself as a rock star.  At first one would assume that the pen is for the book.  Not so my friends.  I am certain the pen is to be used to sign autographs for any one of her fans who may recognize her as a 7 year old Taylor Swift.  Or maybe someone might recognize her from her PSA I posted last fall about Halloween and monster safety.

I found a strawberry banana fruit bar in there, too.  Apparently the walk from the front door to the dumpster is so long that she requires a snack for the trip.  I would have picked something different, but hey, at least she has something for emergencies.

There were two ticket stubs in there from some event she went to at the Science Spectrum, I think.  Why keep those?  I have no idea.

Lastly, and the most humorous thing, there was a pink hair extension.  Yes, I said hair extension.  Being a man I have no clue why she would need that except that she wanted to loo her best while, yes, taking out the garbage.  I guess this is because you never know when the next model scout will turn the corner here in Levelland looking for a fashionable 7 year old to model a new line of Gymboree clothing.

I guess I learned one thing.  Even at a young age, a woman must keep stuff in her purse to keep her ready for about anything.  Cooper my dear, you are well on your way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment