Thursday, May 10, 2012

Something else I thought I wouldn't say...

I have all daughters.  For that simple reason I thought there were things I would never have to say.  By contrast if I had all boys, the list of things I would never say would be very short indeed.  Growing up the oldest of four kids, including three boys, there were an infinite number of things I heard my parents say that were ridiculous.  In hindsight those statements were totally necessary due to the things we did.  Here is a short funny that I use as a further illustration of those things that we say and in hindsight are rather, well, interesting.

The other evening Cooper and Riley were playing on the living room floor.  Cooper was laying on the floor and Riley was climbing around her, over her, and on her.  It looked like a one-sided wrestling match.  Hurricane Riley was slowly but surely wearing down Super Cooper and "SC" was putting up no fight at all.

Then, in an attempt to apparently put an end to the match, Riley pulled a move on her that Cooper and I didn't expect.  Riley used her pointer finger and shoved it into Cooper's nose.  After the few seconds it took me to recover from watching my baby daughter lay a vicious nostril plugger on Cooper, I found myself saying, "Don't pick your sister's nose."

There I was...astounded by what I saw, and further shocked by what I said.  Having all girls I never expected to have to tell one of them not to PICK HER SISTER'S NOSE.  How ridiculous.

But, so goes our life.  The girls at times act like boys.  They burp, fart, and pick noses.  Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment