Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dressing daddy

All this time I have been telling "funnys" about my kids, so now I guess I need to tell one on myself.  As the father of three little girls I expected days where I would be expected to take part in a tea party with stuffed animals while wearing a tiara, all while simulating the sipping of tea (with my pinky finger in the proper position of course).  I haven't done that yet, but I know my day is coming.

Yesterday we went to a family function in a town I only heard of, but had never seen.  We had a good time hanging out with my wife's side of the family.  There was plenty of good eats and good company.  All was going well.  Riley was crawling around dressed to the nines wearing her holiday dress, complete with hair band and huge hair bow.  Yes it is true she is basically bald headed, but the bow was attached to the band.  We thought she looked very cute, but she disagreed and repeatedly ripped it from her head.  I laugh along with everyone else who is watching her.  Then I lose my sense of humor about it all.

Thinking how cute daddy would look wearing it, Ashley proceeds to accessorize my wardrobe by strapping the bow to my bald head, as evidenced here:
Clearly, I am not amused.  However, everyone else is laughing beyond control.  Multiple photos were taken, including this one by my loving wife.  I look around and see flashes going off and people laughing.  I had a flashback to high school...ugly scene...another story for another time.

Anyway, even Riley thought it was funny.  Cooper called me a baby while laughing an pointing.  Were it not for my daughters, no way I would have allowed that to happen.  But because I am a father of all girls, certain embarrassing moments will happen.  This is the mildest of the embarrassing moments to come as a result of my daughters, or wife.  So for you fathers who do not have girls, enjoy a laugh at my expense just as many others have done.  For you who have young daughters, enjoy a laugh (but not for too long) and keep this statement in mind:  you are next.  Yes, your day will come.    

No comments:

Post a Comment